- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pressed Cuban Sandwiches with Paulette's Cuban Cowboy Caviar Salad Recipe Video
|For the pressed cuban sandwiches|
|Bread loaves||1 (cut into 6" lengths and sliced open)|
|Mustard paste||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Mayonaisse||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Swiss cheese slices||6|
|Dill pickle slices||4|
|Serrano ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooked pork slice||1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the paulette's cuban cowboy caviar|
|Black beans||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Corn||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Red pepper||1 Small, dice|
|Avocado||1 Small, dice|
|Scallions||2 Small, chop|
|For the dressing|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
Calories 2812 Calories from Fat 1050
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g168.9%
Saturated Fat 28.3 g141.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 224.6 mg
Sodium 6378.5 mg265.8%
Total Carbohydrates 306 g101.8%
Dietary Fiber 41.6 g166.6%
Sugars 14.6 g
Protein 137 g274.7%
Vitamin A 50.3% Vitamin C 149.2%
Calcium 113.3% Iron 99.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedGrill
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Cut the Cuban bread into 6" lengths and sliced open.
3. Spread the mustard and mayonnaise on both side of the open bread.
4. Add 3 pieces of cheese, 2 pieces of dill pickle, half of the ham and half of the pork.
5. Close the bread and brush olive oil on one side of the bread, repeat the same steps with the other bread.
6. Place the sandwich bread oil side done on the grill, using your bbq spatula press the sandwiches firmly down on the grill.
7. Reduce the grill to medium heat and grill the sandwich for 30 seconds to a minute and then press it down again.
8. When the grill side of the bread is browned, coat the top side of the sandwiches with olive oil and flip.
9. Repeat the pressing and grilling process until the second side is crisp and brown.
10. Serve the Cuban sandwich with fries.
FOR THE PAULETTE’S CUBAN COWBOY CAVIAR
1. Rinse and drain the black beans, set aside,
2. Drain the corn, dice the red pepper and avocado, chop scallions and mince the garlic.
3. In a bowl combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and sugar, whisk them well.
4. Place the beans, corn, red pepper and avocado in a salad bowl and pour the dressing on top.
5. Give it a good toss.
6. Serve the Paulette's Cuban Cowboy Caviar salad immediately