- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Precious Spicy Cheese Crostini Recipe
|Mozzarella cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded (Sorrento)|
|Chunky salsa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (hot or mild depending on taste)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1 Dash (optional)|
Calories 341 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.2 mg
Sodium 868 mg36.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.88 g3.5%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 18 g35.4%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 6.5%
Calcium 32.3% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Slice the baguette into 1/4 inch slices, arrange on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
3. In a large bowl mix all the other ingredients really well.
4. Spoon 2 teaspoons of this mixture on each bread slice and spread it evenly.
5. Put it back in the oven and bake for 5 to 6 minutes, or until cheese melts.
6. Serve as an anti pasto or with a hearty soup (like minestrone) or salad.