- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Prawns Shrimp En Coquilles Recipe
|Butter||1 Ounce (25g)|
|Prawns||4 Ounce, peeled (100g)|
|White fish fillets||4 Ounce, poached and flaked (100 g)|
|White coating sauce||1⁄2 Pint (300 ml)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated (100 g)|
|Worcestershire sauce||3 Dash (few dashes)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.6%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g55.9%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 110.3 mg
Sodium 861.4 mg35.9%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.07 g0.27%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 17 g34.9%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 0.14%
Calcium 26.2% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the prawns, white fish and cook gently for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the white sauce and heat through; stir in half the grated cheese, the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
4. In 4 individual ovenproof dishes, divide the mixture equally and scatter over the remaining cheese.
5. To freeze: cool quickly.
6. Freeze until firm and wrap individually in foil, then pack in a freezer bag.
7. Seal and return to the freezer; label the bag as it makes it easier to distinguish.
8. To thaw: remove wrappings and thaw at room temperature for 2 hours.
9. Place on a baking sheet and cook at 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6 for about 20 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
10. Serve hot and sprinkle with grated cheese.