- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Raw prawns||1 Pound (Green)|
|Dark molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned spanish style tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil/Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 0.94 g4.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 186 mg
Sodium 886.4 mg36.9%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 23.6 g
Protein 18 g36.3%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 22.3% Iron 28.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the raw prawns, shuck, and clean them.
2) Place them into boiling salted water, lower the heat, and simmer for about 15 minutes; drain well and cool.
3) In a bowl, combine all the other ingredients to make the sauce; coat the prawns well with the sauce.
4) Remove and place the prawns on the barbecue grill or thread on the skewers.
5) Barbecue over the hot coals, turning the prawns 2-3 times and basting occasionally with the rest of the sauce.
6) Serve immediately in a nice plate.