- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Prawn Roll Recipe Video
|Prawns||8 Medium, shelled, deveined with tails intact|
|Eggs||1⁄4 , lightly beaten|
|Spring onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Red chilli pepper||1 , chopped|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Spring roll pastry sheets||8 Medium|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 387 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.1%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 177.2 mg59.1%
Sodium 310.4 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.31 g1.2%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 17 g34.9%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a blender or mortar, put spring onions, garlic cloves, red chili pepper and black pepper. Blend them till coarsely done. Set aside.
2. Slit the inner side of the prawns and set aside.
3. Take the spring roll pastries, cut them diagonally to form large triangles. Set aside.
4. Take a pastry triangle. Place the prawn on the opposite side to the pointed end with the tail exposed. Spread a little garlic pepper mix over the prawn.
5. Roll the pastry sheet by folding one end over the prawn. Holding the prawn tightly roll the ends to form a cigar shape. Seal the end with the egg.
6. In a deep pan, heat oil on medium high. Once the oil is hot, place the prawns carefully and fry them till golden brown on all sides.
7. Transfer them onto a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
8. In a serving plate, serve the rolls with a dip of your choice.