- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Prawn Pilaf Recipe Video
|Shell-on prawns||1 Kilogram, shelled (keep shells for stock)|
|Shellfish stock||1 Pint|
|Dry white wine||5 Ounce|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (or to taste)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Long grain rice||225 Gram|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (to decorate)|
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.1 mg
Sodium 1649.1 mg68.7%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 52 g104.7%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and cook the onions gently till tender.
2) Add the stock and bring to a boil, stirring with a fork.
3) Add the rice, cover and simmer gently for about 25 minutes, till the rice is soft and the water has been absorbed.
4) Season the prawns with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
5) Add the prawns to the rice and heat for 2-3 minutes, till the prawns are piping hot.
6) Pile the prawn pilaf into a warmed serving dish and sprinkle the chopped prasley all over. Serve right away.