- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Prawn and Tuna Pasta Bake Recipe
|Pasta shapes||8 Ounce (225 Gram, Tricolor)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), trimmed and chopped (Scallions)|
|Button mushrooms||6 Ounce, sliced (175 Gram)|
|Canned tuna in brine||14 Ounce, drained, flaked (400 Gram)|
|Peeled prawns||6 Ounce, thawed if frozen (Shrimp, 175 Gram)|
|Cornstarch||2 Tablespoon (Corn Flour)|
|Skimmed milk||15 Fluid Ounce (425 Milliliter, 1 3/4 Cups)|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, sliced thinly|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Reduced-fat cheddar cheese||1 Ounce, grated (25 Gram)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1983 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.7%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 303.7 mg
Sodium 1594.5 mg66.4%
Total Carbohydrates 269 g89.7%
Dietary Fiber 19.2 g76.8%
Sugars 50.1 g
Protein 162 g323.7%
Vitamin A 106.1% Vitamin C 148.8%
Calcium 97.2% Iron 50.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan (skillet) and fry all but a handful of the spring onions (scallions) and all of the mushrooms, stirring, for 4-5 minutes until softened.
3. Place the cooked pasta in a bowl and mix in the spring onions (scallions), mushrooms, tuna and prawns (shrimp). Set aside until required.
4. Blend the cornflour (cornstarch) with a little milk to make a paste. Pour the remaining milk into a saucepan and stir in the paste. Heat, stirring, until the sauce begins to thicken. Season well.
5. Pour the sauce over the pasta mixture and stir until well combined. Transfer to the base of an ovenproof gratin dish and place on a baking sheet (cookie sheet).
6. Arrange the tomato slices over the pasta and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle with the reserved spring onions (scallions).