- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Prawn and Avocado Cocktail in an Avocado Skin Recipe Video
|King prawns||400 Gram|
|Little gem lettuce||1 Large, washed, dried and finely shred|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, concassed and flesh into fine dice|
|Cucumber||40 Gram, peeled, de-seeded and diced|
|Avocado||1 Medium, ripe, cut half lengthways and stone removed|
|Marie rose sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 Medium, cut into quarters lengthways|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Paprika pepper||1 Teaspoon (to garnish, use as desired)|
Calories 462 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.7%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.9 mg
Sodium 3054.7 mg127.3%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.1%
Sugars 18.4 g
Protein 27 g53.1%
Vitamin A 223.9% Vitamin C 99.4%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a small melon baller, ball the fleshy part of the avocado (as for balling a melon), place the small balls into a bowl and sprinkle over the lemon juice.
2. Remove any pips and trim the wedges from the lemons.
3. Knap a little marie rose sauce into the bottom of an avocado skin.
4. Use the lettuce to make a nest for the avocado skins to sit on.
5. Drain off any excess lemon juice from the avocado and divide the avocado balls between the avocado skins.
6. Carefully add the king prawns to the avocado skins.
7. Knap over the remaining marie rose sauce and dust the prawn cocktail with a sprinkling of paprika pepper.
8. Serve the prawn cocktail with a neat wedge of lemon.