- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Prawn and Avocado Cocktail Recipe Video
|King prawns||400 Gram|
|Little gem lettuce||1 Large, washed, dried and finely shredded|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, concassed and flesh diced|
|Cucumber||40 Medium, peeled, deseeded and diced|
|Avocado||1 Medium, ripe, cut in half lengthways and stone removed|
|Marie rose sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs), prepared and refrigerated|
|Lemon||1 Medium, quartered lengthways, pips removed and edges trimmed|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Paprika pepper||2 Tablespoon (to garnish)|
Calories 705 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.9%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.9 mg12%
Sodium 2783.3 mg116%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.7%
Dietary Fiber 20.6 g82.3%
Sugars 44 g
Protein 36 g72.5%
Vitamin A 321.1% Vitamin C 176.4%
Calcium 31.7% Iron 43.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a small melon baller, ball the fleshy part of the avocado (as for balling a melon), place the small balls into a bowl and sprinkle over the lemon juice.
2. Knap a little marie rose sauce into the bottom of each glass.
3. Divide the lettuce between the glasses, then divide the tomato and cucumber between the glasses.
4. Drain off any excess lemon juice from the avocado and divide the avocado balls between the glasses.
5. Carefully add the prawns to the glasses, knap over the remaining marie rose sauce and dust each glass of prawn and avocado cocktail with a sprinkling of paprika pepper.
6. Serve the prawn cocktail with a neat wedge of lemon.