- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Praline Sugar Cookies Recipe
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pecan halves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Refrigerated sugar cookies roll||16 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Roll)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Packed)|
|White sugar/Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Sparkling)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2943 Calories from Fat 922
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g160.1%
Saturated Fat 34.3 g171.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2742.6 mg114.3%
Total Carbohydrates 495 g165.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.5%
Sugars 363.1 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 0.6%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 4.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 325°F.
2) In a 8-inch heavy skillet, add granulated sugar and melt over medium-low heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
3) Swirl the pan frequently to spread and heat until golden brown. Do not let it brown.
4) Remove from heat.
5) Add pecans until coated.
6) On a sheet of foil spoon the mixture.
7) Cook for 15 minutes until hard.
8) Chop finely pecan-sugar candy.
9) In a large bowl, break up cookie dough.
10) Mix brown sugar and vanilla until well blended.
11) Mix chopped pecan-sugar candy.
12) Take 1 measuring tablespoon dough for each. Make into balls.
13) Dredge in coarse sugar.
14) Arrange on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
15) Bake for 11 to 16 minutes.
16) Let stand to cool for 2 minutes.
17) Remove from cookie sheets and serve.