- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Praline Powder Recipe
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), blanched|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 995 Calories from Fat 296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.4%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1.4 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 166 g55.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.9%
Sugars 152.6 g
Protein 15 g30.3%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C
Calcium 19% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a heavy saucepan, stir all the ingredients together until the sugar is dissolved.
2) Heat further without stirring until the mixture acquires a dark amber color.
3) Pour the mixture over a lightly buttered cookie sheet and allow to cool.
4) Break the firm mixture into pieces and pulverize in a blender or a food processor.
5) Store the powder in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.
6) Use as required or for sprinkling on cakes, puddings, etc.