- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Praline Fondue Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Castor sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||To Taste|
|Almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), toasted|
|Cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fruit/Cake / biscuits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh fruit/Cake/biscuits||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Serving)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2881 Calories from Fat 624
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.8%
Saturated Fat 20.4 g101.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.7 mg
Sodium 855 mg35.6%
Total Carbohydrates 525 g174.9%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60%
Sugars 278.6 g
Protein 40 g80.1%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 49.6%
Calcium 128.3% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a small saucepan add castor sugar and vanilla.
2. Leave over a low heat and such that sugar is liquid and golden brown.
3. Add almonds and onto a lightly greased cake tin pour and let it become cold.
4. Preferably with an electric blender grind the mixture very finely.
5. Into fondue pot, add cream, blend in cornflour, stir until thickened and stir in praline.
6. Serve with fresh fruit, cake and biscuits.