- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Praline Banana Tart Recipe
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Maple flavoring||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bananas||2 Medium, sliced|
|Pecans||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped, toasted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 675 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.9%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 188.6 mg
Sodium 109.8 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.9%
Sugars 64.8 g
Protein 13 g26.6%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 32.5%
Calcium 29.1% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take the brown sugar and cornstarch in a double boiler.
2) Add milk and cook over the simmering water.
3) Take away from the heat and mix around 1/4 of hot mixture into the egg yolk.
4) Now add to the remaining hot mixture and mix them well.
5) Cook the mixture over low heat for few minutes until the mixture gets thickened.
6) Take away from the heat and add maple flavorings and vanilla.
7) Chill the mixture thoroughly.
8) Keep some slices of banana on oatmeal crust.
9) Also, spread the fillings over the bananas.
10) Sprinkle few toasted pecans over the banana before serving.