- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Praline Applesauce Cake Recipe
|Sifted cake flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Applesauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Seedless raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Praline topping||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4428 Calories from Fat 1040
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g181.1%
Saturated Fat 29.6 g147.9%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 423.3 mg
Sodium 3417.6 mg142.4%
Total Carbohydrates 827 g275.6%
Dietary Fiber 24.3 g97.4%
Sugars 469.9 g
Protein 50 g100.8%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 22.4%
Calcium 44.8% Iron 186.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift cake flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves and salt into large bowl of an electric mixer.
3. Add shortening and applesauce; beat at medium speed 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl often.
4. Add the eggs; beat 2 minutes longer, or until blended; fold in raisins. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 35 minutes, or until the center springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip. Remove from oven; cool in baking pan on a wire rack 15 minutes. Raise the oven temperature to "Broil."
6. Make Praline Topping; spread evenly over warm cake.
7. Broil, 6 inches from heat, 3 to 4 minutes, or until topping bubbles up and turns golden. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares