- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Praline Apple Crisp Recipe Video
|Granny smith apples/Braeburn apples||6 Large, cored, peeled and sliced|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), packed|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced and chilled|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Toffee bits||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 296 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.2 mg
Sodium 64.8 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, place the sliced apples and toss it with cinnamon powder and mix well.
2. In a cooker, which has been sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray, place the apples.
3. In another bowl, place together oats, brown sugar, flour and butter and mix together using fork or pastry cutter, until the mixture gets crumbly.
4. Add pecans and toffee bits and stir well to mix.
5. Spread the oat mixture over the apples in slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
6. Serve Praline Apple Crisp with a dollop of whipped cream if desired.