- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Praire Pate' the Pate' Made with Rocky Mountain Oysters Recipe Video
|Rocky mountain oysters||1 Pound (Bulls Balls)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
|Peanut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Butter/Ghee||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hardboiled eggs||4 , roughly chopped|
|Toasted chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||4 , roughly chopped|
|Cayenne powder/Red chili flakes||1 Pinch|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 350
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g60.8%
Saturated Fat 18.6 g92.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 192.7 mg
Sodium 502.8 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 11 g21.2%
Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 3% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedTo Soak Meat:
1/2 gallon water
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon white vinegar/lemon juice
1. Skin the meat as shown in the video.
2. Rinse and soak in salt water with vinegar/ lemon juice for at least two hours. Blanch the meat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Slice meat lengthwise into 1/4 –inch thick pieces. (You may dredge in flour if desired) Dry the meat on paper towel.
4. In large skillet heat oil over medium flame and fry the meat slices for about 3 minutes on each sides or until golden brown. Place on a plate with paper towels to drain excess oil.
5. Now cut the fried meat slices into smaller pieces.
6. In food processor, add fried meat slices, butter, onion, hard boiled eggs, toasted walnuts, chicken stock, nutmeg, lemon juice, garlic, salt, cayenne powder, Dijon mustard, and Bourbon. Blend after each addition until smooth. Transfer to a container and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Remove from fridge and let it come back to room temperature before serving.
7. Serve chilled on toast or crackers and enjoy!
It can stay in fridge for 4-5 days.