- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Pounded BBQ Chicken Sandwich Recipe Video
|Chicken tenders||8 Medium, pounded thin (7 - 8 tenders used)|
|For seasoning the chicken tenders|
|Lemon pepper||To Taste|
|For marinating the chicken tenders|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Italian dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For sauteing the onions|
|Onions||1 Medium, sliced (Sauteed in some olive oil)|
|For the sandwich|
|Barbecue sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As needed)|
|Buns||4 Medium (Grilled or toasted)|
|Iceberg lettuce leaves||4 Small (As needed)|
|Tomatoes||4 Small, sliced (As needed)|
|Swiss cheese slices||4|
Calories 1299 Calories from Fat 605
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.2%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g85.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 167.3 mg
Sodium 3621.1 mg150.9%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g36.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.3%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 68 g135.3%
Vitamin A 43.7% Vitamin C 44.3%
Calcium 50.4% Iron 38.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Grill
3. Plastic wrap
1. Take each of the chicken tenders, using a kitchen hammer, pound them thin.
2. Lay the pounded chicken tenders on a flat surface, generously sprinkle lemon pepper all over the chicken tenders, on both sides.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the soy sauce and Italian dressing.
4. Place all the chicken tenders one by one into the bowl and let soak in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour to 6 hours.
5. In a heated pan with olive oil, saute onions with some salt, pepper and garlic. Set aside.
5. In a heated grill, place all the marinated chicken tenders and grill on high heat (550 F) for a minute and a half each side.
6. Also place the sauteed onions, wrapped in a foil on the grill for a couple of minutes.
7. Dip the grilled chicken tenders in barbecue sauce and place them back on the grill and gril them for about 30 seconds each side.
8. Remove from the grill and set aside.
9. To assemble the sandwich, place the 2 slices of each bun, open. Place lettuce and a couple of slices of tomatoes over a slice.
10. Place a couple of grilled chicken tenders on the other slice over a slice of Swiss cheese topped with a drizzle of the barbecue sauce followed by the sauteed and grilled onions.
11. You may also use pickled vegetables, if desired.
12. Serve with a couple of strips of pickled vegetables and chips.