- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Pound Cake Recipe
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Royal)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3696 Calories from Fat 1856
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 211 g324.3%
Saturated Fat 124 g620.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1541.2 mg
Sodium 790.1 mg32.9%
Total Carbohydrates 398 g132.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 205.1 g
Protein 59 g118.7%
Vitamin A 136.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 59.5% Iron 94.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting it to a moderate temperature.
2) Take a pan and cream butter into it.
3) Add the sugar gradually by beating it in.
4) Beat the yolks of eggs along with the flavoring until the color becomes pale yellow.
5) Sift the flour along with the baking powder four times.
6) Beat the egg whites until they become light.
7) Add them alternatively with the sifted flour.
8) Mix well by beating until the mixture turns fluffy and light.
9) Take a loaf pan and grease it.
10) Place the mixture in a pre-heated oven and bake for 60 minutes.
11) Decorate with ornamental frosting before serving.