- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poultry Pate Recipe
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||8 Ounce|
|Skinless boneless turkey breast||8 Ounce|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Egg substitute||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Leek||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Skim milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried sage||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 0.71 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.3 mg
Sodium 122 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 33 g66%
Vitamin A 44.6% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Coat an 8 1/2 X 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
3. Cut the chicken and the turkey into 1-inch cubes
4. Place these meat cubes into the food processor bowl and process till coarsely chopped.
5. Add the rice, carrots, egg substitute, leeks, milk, garlic, mustard, sage, and thyme to the bowl and process again till roughly chopped.
6. Tip the thick mixture into the prepared pan and smooth down the top with a spatula.
7. Cover the pan with a foil paper and set it into a larger pan filled with 2 inches of water.
8. Bake in a hot oven for 1 hour.
9. Remove from the oven when cooked and set aside to refrigerate overnight
10. Unmold and cut into slices for serving.