- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poulet Marengo Recipe
|Bacon slices||5 , cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Broiler fryer chicken||4 Pound, cut up (Two 2 Pound Each Pieces)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned whole mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Pound (2 Can)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Red pepper seasoning||3 Drop|
|Golden croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 591 Calories from Fat 318
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.4%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 171.2 mg
Sodium 843.2 mg35.1%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 46 g92.1%
Vitamin A 25.4% Vitamin C 32.1%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large frying pan, fry the bacon till it is almost crisp.
3) With a slotted spoon, lift out the bacon and drain it on paper towels. Set the bacon aside and leave the drippings in the pan.
4) Rinse the chicken pieces and dry them. Use kitchen scissors to snip off the small rib bones, if preferred.
5) In a paper bag, mix together the salt, flour and pepper and shale the chicken in the mixture till it is coated. Reserve the leftover mixture.
6) In the bacon drippings, brown the coated chicken, a few pieces at a time, and place the pieces in a 12-cup shallow baking dish.
7) In the same frying pan, sauté the garlic and onion till soft. Add the reserved flour mixture and stir well.
8) From the mushrooms, drain the liquid and reserve the mushrooms.
9) Add the mushroom liquid, tomatoes, parsley and liquid red pepper seasoning to the frying pan with the flour mixture and stir well. Heat till the mixture is boiling, constantly stirring.
10) Spoon the mixture all over the chicken in the baking dish. Cover the dish. Till this step, the casserole can be prepared days ahead and stored in the fridge. When it is time to bake the stored casserole, simple remove from the fridge, allow to stand for about 30 minutes and bake it.
11) Bake it the preheated oven for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or till the chicken is soft.
12) Uncover the dish and sprinkle the bacon pieces and mushrooms all over. Bake for 10 more minutes or till the bacon is crisp.
12) Serve hot after sprinkling with Golden Croutons and garnishing with parsley.