- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Poulet A La Crème Recipe
|Cooked ham slice/Lean bacon||2|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Finely chopped celery leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry cider/Unsweetened apple juice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 Large|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5204 Calories from Fat 3039
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 340 g523.4%
Saturated Fat 141.9 g709.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1976 mg
Sodium 1668.8 mg69.5%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.4%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.8%
Sugars 77.3 g
Protein 388 g775.1%
Vitamin A 136.6% Vitamin C 42%
Calcium 40% Iron 95.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Skin and finely chop onion.
2) Dice ham or bacon.
3) Wipe trussed chicken with a clean damp cloth inside and out. Set aside.
4) Rub salt and pepper on the chicken.
5) Peel and core the apples. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick rings. Keep aside for garnish.
6) In a pan melt butter over moderate heat. Cook onion till soft.
7) Add ham or bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes.
8) Fry chicken over butter till brown.
9) In a small pan, warm calvados or brandy and set alight.
10) Pour the chicken on it.
11) Shake the pan till flame dies out.
12) Mix chicken neck, gizzard, and heart to the pan. Don't add liver.
13) Sprinkle chopped celery leaves on top. Pour cider or apple juice and boil, simmer for a few minutes.
14) Turn the chicken and cover the pan with foil and then a lid. Cook over low heat.
15) Alternately, in a casserole put the contents and cook at 325°F in the center of the oven. Turn the chicken after 20-25 minutes on the other side. Cook covered turning on the other side for similar time.
16) Turn the chicken breast upwards and cook covered for 10 minutes.
17) In a small pan, melt butter and fry the apple rings till brown. Turn once.
18) Place chicken into warm serving dish.
19) Strain liquid and fast boil the liquid to reduce. Turn off heat.
20) Blend egg yolks and cream. Stir in few spoonfuls of warm liquid from pan.
21) Whisk the mixture into pan juices.
22) Stir on low heat till sauce thickens.
23) Before serving, pour hot sauce over the chicken and garnish with the apple slices. Serve with green salad or boiled potatoes.