- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potted Shrimps Recipe
|Peeled shrimps||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Ground mace||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
Calories 369 Calories from Fat 314
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.9%
Saturated Fat 22.1 g110.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 177.6 mg
Sodium 186.6 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 23.4% Vitamin C 2.5%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Let the oven heat to 300°F (150°C/Gas 2).
2. In a shallow baking dish place the shrimps and sprinkle over the spices, salt and pepper.
3. Melt 50 g (2 oz) of the butter in a small saucepan and pour over the shrimps.
4. Let it bake for 10—15 minutes.
5. Take out of the oven.
6. Stir well and divide the shrimps between 4 ramekins or individual dishes.
7. Chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
8. Make clarified butter with the remaining 100 g (4 oz) butter.
9. Pour over the shrimps and leave for 1/2—3/4 hour to set in the refrigerator.
10. In a saucepan place the required amount of butter.
11. Heat slowly and remove the scum as it rises.
12. When the butter is quite clear, pour immediately over the shrimps or whatever is being potted.