- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potted Raspberry Jam Recipe
|Raspberries||4 Pound (1.8 Kilogram, In Perfect Condition)|
|Castor sugar||4 Pound (1.8 Kilogram, Dissolves More Easily Than Granulated)|
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.47 g0.73%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.07%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.73 mg0.03%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 75.8 g
Protein 0.87 g1.7%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 31.7%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 225°F / 110°C/ Gas ¼
2. Cut waxed tissue circles, to fit the rim on the jars.
3. In a mixing bowl, add sugar.
4. In another bowl, add raspberries.
5. Place both the bowls in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
6. Place the preserve jars or jam bottles in the oven at the same time to warm and sterilize them.
7. Remove the sugar and berries from the oven and combine both together in the larger bowl. Stir to dissolve the sugar and form a thick syrup coating the berries.
8. Spoon the mixture into the warmed jars, to the brim and place the waxed tissue circles, wax side down to cover the jar.
9. Wipe the jars clean from the outside.
10. Put on the lids when puree is hot or after it has cooled.
11. Put a label mentioning the date on the jar.
12. Store in a cool dry place like your pantry.
13. Serve the preserve with muffins, bagels, scones, or toast, as a filling in pies, with pancakes etc. Use as desired.