- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potted Ham Recipe
|Ground lean ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Unsalted butter||10 Tablespoon, melted (1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Cream cheese spread||6 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Snipped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Crisp lettuce leaves||4|
Calories 474 Calories from Fat 417
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.7%
Saturated Fat 28.7 g143.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.9 mg
Sodium 216.9 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 12 g23.3%
Vitamin A 46.2% Vitamin C 8.7%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With some melted butter, grease 4 individual souffle dishes.
2) Into a bowl, put the ham and add the remaining butter along with 4 tablespoons of the cheese and a large pinch of cayenne pepper. Mix well. Taste the mixture and season with some salt, if preferred.
3) Between the dishes, divide the mixture and smoothen the top. Refrigerate for at least 60 minutes, or till firm.
4) Around the edge of each dish, run a knife and then carefully turn the preparation out onto a side dish.
5) Into a pastry bag fitted with a star nozzle, put the cream cheese.
6) With a swirl of cheese spread, pipe each appetizer and sprinkle with the snipped chives.
7) Garnish each serving of the freshly made appetizer with lettuce leaves and watercress sprigs. Serve while still fresh.