- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potage Jardiniere Recipe
|Milk free margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 , peeled and thinly sliced|
|Carrot||1 Large, cut|
|Celery stalks||2 , cut up|
|Carrot||1 Large, cut up|
|Green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut|
|Green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut in half|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 0.86 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 792.8 mg33%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.5%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 53.6% Vitamin C 49.6%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Melt the margarine in a large soup pot and saute the onions. Add the potatoes and broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
2) Add the beans, carrots, celery, peas and spinach and gently simmer for about 45 minutes.
3) Add the salt, pepper and celery salt. Allow the soup to cool.
4) Puree in a blender and then add the sherry.
5) Serve as preferred after floating croutons atop each serving.