- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potluck Pie Recipe
|Pie crust mix||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Piecrust mix||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Beef/Veal / lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced (1 Can)|
|Beef/Veal/lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely diced, cooked|
|Mixed vegetables||1 Pound|
|Canned mixed vegetables||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped 1/4 cup|
|Thyme leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Teaspoon, melted|
Calories 737 Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.6%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.8 mg
Sodium 1082.9 mg45.1%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 33 g66%
Vitamin A 38.7% Vitamin C 18.5%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425°.
2. Prepare pastry as per package directions and on lightly floured pastry cloth or board roll 2/3 of pastry to fit over bottom and sides of 11 x7x1 1/2baking pan.
3. Using the edge of pan or with pastry wheel or sharp knife cut the overhang flush.
4. Out of the remaining pastry roll 10x6 rectangle, then with pastry wheel or sharp knife cut lengthwise in half and crosswise in quarters to make 8 pieces.
5. In medium-size bowl toss lightly to combine meat, mixed vegetables, catsup, onion, thyme, salt and pepper.
6. In medium-size bowl spoon meat mixture and toss lightly.
7. Into pastry-lined pan Spoon meat mixture in even layer, arrange pastry squares on top and brush with melted butter or margarine.
8. Bake in hot oven for15 to 20 minutes such that the pastry is golden-brown and filling is bubbly-hot.
9. Optionally make pie in 9-inch pie plate, cutting an 8-inch round of pastry for topping into 8 wedges.
10. Serve hot with desired garnish.