- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Yeast||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1207 Calories from Fat 634
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114.5%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g98.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.9 mg
Sodium 284.8 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g31%
Sugars 49.8 g
Protein 23 g46.8%
Vitamin A 15.6% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 35.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Take 1/2 cup water and soften yeast in it.
3) Take a large bowl and combine sugar, milk and butter in it. Cool the mixture to lukewarm.
4) Stir in the yeast mixture and eggs.
5) Add salt and flour. Mix until dough is no longer sticky.
6) Let rise until dough turns double in bulk.
7) FOR THE FILLING: In the meanwhile, prepare filling by combining honey, milk, sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and butter. Mix nicely and then fold in egg whites.
8) Roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thickness.
9) Spread with filling and roll in jelly roll fashion.
10) Divide the roll and place in 2 greased loaf pans.
11) Let rise for about 30 minutes.
12) Bake for about 1 hour.
13) Serve with maple syrup, nuts and a dollop of butter, if desired.