- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potatoes Nicoise Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Red onions||1 Pound|
|Dried tarragon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cheddar cheese/Gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 195 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13.1%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.4 mg
Sodium 1057.2 mg44.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 7 g13%
Vitamin A 30.7% Vitamin C 64.8%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Rub inside of 12-by-8-inch casserole with cut clove of garlic.
3. Pare potatoes and slice 1/4-inch thick.
4. Scald tomatoes in boiling water peel skin and slice them 1/2 inch thick.
5. Slice onions as thinly as possible.
6. In small bowl, mix well combining tarragon, basil and parsley.
7. In prepared casserole, layer potato, then onion, then tomato and repeat layering, ending with tomato.
8. Sprinkle each layer of potato with herbs, salt and nutmeg.
9. Sprinkle each layer of tomato with salt and dot top with butter.
10. Bake covered for 45 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender.
11. Sprinkle top with cheese and bake, uncovered, 5 minutes, to brown top slightly.
12. Serve with garnish as desired.