- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potatoes With Cumin Recipe
|White potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and diced into small cubes|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (Twice Around The Pan)|
|Sweet onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Frozen green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 199.9 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.8%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 10 g20.4%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 175.2%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 25.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, boil potatoes in salted water to cover for 7 minutes until tender.
2) Drain the potatoes and put in hot pot to dry them out.
3) Heat skillet over medium-high to high heat.
4) Stir in cumin seeds and let it splutter.
5) Add oil and stir in onion and fry for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
6) Add potatoes to the pan and toss for about 3 minutes till lightly brown.
7) Remove pan from heat.
8) Toss potatoes with peas, season with salt.
9) Serve hot.