- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potatoes Au Gratin HD Recipe Video
|Potatoes||2 Pound, thinly sliced (Idaho potatoes)|
|Gruyere cheese/Emmenthaler cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.1%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.1 mg8.7%
Sodium 119.7 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 30%
Calcium 17.1% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with butter and set aside.
2. In the prepared casserole dish arrange the potatoes in batches and grease with melted butter. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the cheese.
3. Again layer with potatoes melted butter and half and half. Season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining cheese and fresh bread crumbs.
4. Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes at 425 degrees F. After 30 minutes, uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
5. Serve Potatoes Au Gratin with roasted chicken.