- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potatoes Anna Recipe
|Clarified butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Potatoes||5 Large (The Baking Varieties Won'T Work)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, mixed with pepper|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, mixed|
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.8%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29 mg
Sodium 501.3 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 81.8%
Calcium 3% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. Grease a glass pie dish or shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole with butter.
3. Peel potatoes and slice thinly dropping them in a basin of cold water.
4. Drain and measure 6 cups of potato slices.
5. Place between paper towels and pat dry.
6. Layer slices slightly overlapping, to cover the bottom and sides of the pie dish
7. Glaze generously with butter and season with salt and pepper.
8. Layer remaining slices in the same manner, brushing with butter and seasoning.
9. Cover dish with foil and weight down with a lid.
10. Place on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for 50-55 minutes until potatoes are just tender.
11. Remove lid and foil and oven temperature to 400° F and bake for 15 minutes until bottom slices are nicely browned.
12. Remove dish from oven and let stand for 4-5 minutes.
13. Use a spatula to gently loosen sides and bottom
14. Place a heater platter on the dish and carefully invert on in one motion.
15. Cut into wedges and serve warm
Glass is better because you can check on the final browning.
If potato slices stick to the dish while inverting, lift out and replace in design.