- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Wedges Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder/Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Sea salt||1 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Mango salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or preferred dip to serve) (Optional)|
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 0.62 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 852.4 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 58.9%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5).
2. Scrub the potatoes well and prick each one with a fork.
3. Place them on a baking tray and put them into the oven.
4. Bake for around 1 hour or until the potatoes are cooked (the potatoes will give a little when pressed with your finger). Take care when checking whether the potatoes are cooked.
5. Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool.
6. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each potato into quarters or 6ths lengthways (depending on the size of the potatoes) and lay them on a baking tray.
10. Mix the olive oil with the paprika, chilli powder/cayenne pepper and sea salt.
11. Turn up the oven to around 220°C (Gas Mark 7).
12. Using a brush, brush the oil mixture over the potato wedges and place them back in the hot oven for about 10-15 minutes, turning them over once and brushing more oil over them.
13. Serve the potato wedges hot and crispy with mango salsa or your favorite dip.