- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Tornado Recipe
|Potatoes||9 Medium, pared, quartered|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk/Light cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1647 Calories from Fat 433
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.9%
Saturated Fat 30.7 g153.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.6 mg
Sodium 510.7 mg21.3%
Total Carbohydrates 291 g97.1%
Dietary Fiber 34.9 g139.5%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 34 g68%
Vitamin A 31.9% Vitamin C 514.4%
Calcium 27.2% Iron 69.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In large saucepan of boiling salted water, boil potatoes, covered, until tender; drain.
2. In large mixer bowl, place potatoes, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and butter; beat, at medium speed, until well mixed. Add pepper, nutmeg, and milk; then continue beating until potatoes are light and fluffy (do not add more liquid). Refrigerate, covered.
About 1 hour before supper:
1. Start heating oven to 400Â°F.
2. Lightly grease bottom of 5-cup or 1 1/2-quart casserole or souffle dish. Then force chilled potatoes through a potato ricer, letting them mound in center of casserole.
3. Bake 40 minutes, or until hot. Let stand, covered, 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley.