- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato, Spinach, And Tomato Soup Recipe
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed and finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||2 Quart|
|All purpose potato||3 Pound, peeled and thinly sliced (Russets)|
|Spinach||1 Pound, triple-washed, stems picked and chopped coarsely|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground or grated|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Canned chunky style tomatoes||28 Ounce, crushed or diced (1 Can)|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (Parmigiano Or Reggiano Or Romano)|
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.2%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.6 mg
Sodium 1024.5 mg42.7%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 16 g31.1%
Vitamin A 121.4% Vitamin C 55%
Calcium 19.4% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice the potatoes.
2) In a deep pot, heat oli and saute onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
3) Add broth and let it boil.
4) In the broth, add potatoes and cook for 20 minutes until tender and starts to break.
5) Keep stirring the potatoes and let the broth thicken.
6) Add spinach bunhes and cook them until wilted.
7) Season the soup with nutemg, pepper and salt.
8) Add tomatoes and stir for 1-2 minutes.
9) Remove from heat to a trivet.
10) Serve the hot soup with grated cheese on the top.