- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Potato Soup Recipe Video
|Potato||6 Medium, peeled, cit into bite size pieces|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, chopped (as required) (Optional)|
|Ready to eat carrots||12 Ounce (1 (16 once) bag- Use 3/4th bag)|
|Celery||2 , chopped (as required) (Optional)|
|Ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Bacon slices||2 , diced, uncooked|
|Parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 stick)|
|Chicken bouillon cube||2 Large|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Canned evaporated milk||12 Ounce (1 can)|
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.1 mg13.4%
Sodium 431.9 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 113.4% Vitamin C 39.9%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, put 1 teaspoon butter and saute the onion and pepper till tender and soft. Set aside.
2. In a crock pot add all the ingredients except evaporated milk.
3. Cook on low for 10 hours (or on high for 6 hours).
4. Before the last hour of cooking add the evaporated milk and continue cooking for 1 hour.
5. In a serving bowl, serve the soup hot with breadsticks, crusty bread or as it is.