- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Skins with Avocado Filling and Garlic Mashed Potato Recipe Video
|For potato skins|
|Potatoes||6 Medium (ukon gold or red potatoes)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||2 Pinch|
|For avocado filling|
|Avocados||2 Medium, diced|
|Tomato||1 Medium, sliced and diced|
|Sweet chili peppers||2 Medium, seeded and diced|
|Celery stalk||1 Medium, diced|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Spike seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|For garlic mashed potato filling|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, roasted (3 - 4 cloves)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream cheese||2 Ounce|
|Fresh chives||1 Cup (16 tbs), minced|
Calories 641 Calories from Fat 337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.6 mg
Sodium 692.6 mg28.9%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 20.3 g81.4%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 12 g23.3%
Vitamin A 51.4% Vitamin C 164.8%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 34.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Preparation for Potato Skins:
1. Wash and dry the potatoes and rub them with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Sprinkle the oiled potatoes with salt and pepper and gently rub it onto the potatoes.
3. Put the potatoes onto a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked.
4. Once cooked, set aside to let it cool enough to handle, then cut them in half lengthwise and scoop out leaving enough potato to ensure the potatoes keep their shape.
5. Place them, cut side up on a tray and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
6. Use remaining scooped out potato for the garlic mashed potato skins.
Preparation for Avocado filling:
7. Place all ingredients into a bowl, mix well being careful not to smash the avocados and keep it chunky.
8. Fill the potato skins with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the filling and serve.
Preparation for Garlic Mashed Potato filling:
9. Place the ingredients, expect the chives and paprika, in a bowl and mix well.
10. Fill the potato skins, dust with paprika and then top with chives.
11. Return the potato skins to the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
12. Serve warm or room temperature.