- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Scones Recipe Video
|Potatoes||2 Medium, boiled|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), boiled|
|Plain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
|Pepper||2 Teaspoon (use as per taste)|
|Cilantro sprigs||6 Small|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 243 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.8%
Saturated Fat 0.21 g1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2938.9 mg122.5%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.4%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 54.4%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl mash potatoes and green peas together.
2. Add cilantro, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt as per taste, cumin powder, pepper and coriander powder.
3. Add the flour and mix well without adding water to make firm dough.
4. Turn the dough onto a wooden plank/working surface, sprinkle some all purpose flour and shape it into a long roll.
5. Cut the roll into pieces and shape each piece into a ball.
6. Using the palm, pat the balls lightly.
7. Heat a pan to medium flame and spray some oil or fat.
8. Place the shaped balls in the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes until they are crisp and brown.
9. Serve with tomato sauce and yogurt.