- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Scone Whirls Recipe
|Self raising flour||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Potato||6 Ounce, cooked, sieved (150 Gram)|
|Butter||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Mix)|
|Mixed dried fruit||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3186 Calories from Fat 1337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 150 g230.8%
Saturated Fat 70.9 g354.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 266.4 mg88.8%
Sodium 3534.8 mg147.3%
Total Carbohydrates 411 g136.8%
Dietary Fiber 25.9 g103.7%
Sugars 191.9 g
Protein 66 g132.6%
Vitamin A 69.4% Vitamin C 55.9%
Calcium 107.1% Iron 88.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add butter and rub into the flour, salt, sugar and potato.
2) Pour in the milk and mix well till a dough is formed.
3) Roll out to a rectangle and brush over with milk.
4) To make the filling, combine dried fruit, brown sugar and spice and mix well.
5) Spread the filling over the dough and roll and seal the edges.
6) Cut into 12 pieces.
7) On a greased baking sheet, arrange cut side down.
8) Place in oven for 8-10 minutes and bake at 450°F (230°C), Gas Mark 8.
9) Lightly dust the Potato Scone Whirls with sugar and serve.