- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Salad Recipe
|Potatoes||2 Pound, pounded (8 To 10, Small Ones)|
|String beans||1 Pound (Young)|
|Dry vermouth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely sliced (Including The Tops)|
|Fresh dill/Use 1 tablespoon dried dill weed, crushed||2 Tablespoon, finely minced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Parsley sprigs||3 (As Desired, For Garnish)|
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 83
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 10.4 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 36%
Calcium 2% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pot, put the potatoes covering with water. Bring to a boil.
2) Boil until just tender. Do not overcook.
3) Drain and cool until they are easy to handle.
4) Once cooled, peel and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick stripes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and keep aside.
5) Meanwhile, remove the ends and strings from the beans.
6) Cut each bean diagonally into 3 or 4 pieces.
7) Over rapidly boiling water, steam the beans for 5 to 7 minutes, or until they are crisp tender.
8) Remove from the heat and quickly immediately place under cold running water until cooled well.
9) Drain on a towel and set the beans aside.
10) In a jar with tight fitting lid, put the vermouth, lemon juice and pepper. Shake well to mix.
11) To this, now add the oils. Shake thoroughly for 1 minute.
12) To this, add the green onions, dill and parsley. Shake well again.
13) Over the potatoes in the bowl, pour this dressing. Toss well.
14) Let it stand, covered, for 1 hour.
15) Now, add the green beans. Toss well.
16) Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve fresh, at room temperature. This is a perfect as an appetizer or as a vegetable side dish served with boiled beef for a St.Patrick's Day party.