- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Salad: On the Side #3 Recipe Video
|Red potatoes||3 Pound|
|Chopped celery ribs||7|
|Dill relish||15 Fluid Ounce (1 jar)|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Pickle juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
Calories 853 Calories from Fat 469
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.2%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 409.4 mg
Sodium 4035.5 mg168.1%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 19 g39%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 115.8%
Calcium 13% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot of water place the potatoes and eggs.
2. Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the potatoes are barely tender when pierced with a knife. Drain in a colander, then let cool.
3. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them into medium-size chunks and place in a large bowl.
4. Peel the eggs and cut them into medium-size pieces and add them to the bowl.
5. To the pot now add the chopped celery and onion, then the jar of dill pickle relish. Stir until well combined.
6. Add salt & pepper to taste and mayo. If you'd like, also add some additional pickle juice.
7. Stir well and taste again to see if you need more salt & pepper. Cover and refrigerate for a while before serving.
8. Serve with your favorite main dishes and enjoy!