- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Bacon Salad Recipe Video
|Red potato||3 Pound (new red potatoes)|
|Celery||2 Medium (stalk)|
|Mayonnaise||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Bacon||6 Ounce, crisped (6 strips)|
|Egg||3 Medium, hardboiled|
Calories 666 Calories from Fat 469
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.6%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 146.5 mg
Sodium 789.5 mg32.9%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 41.1%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pot with cold water, add the potatoes with a teaspoon of salt and bring the water to a boil. Then simmer for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are just fork tender.
2) Then drain them and allow to cool to the point where they can be easily handled.
3) Quarter the potatoes and cut each egg into 6 or 8 pieces. Place the potatoes and eggs in a large serving bowl.
4) Chop the celery and parsely, grate the onion.
5) Dressing: In a bowl, add the mayonnaise, sour cream, dijon mustard, salt and pepper to taste.
6) Fold the dressing, celery, onion and crispy bacon into the potatoes and eggs.
7) Garnish the salad with fresh parsley and serve.