- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Potato Rolls Recipe
|Potato||1 Medium (peeled and boiled)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1101 Calories from Fat 458
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.1%
Saturated Fat 30.7 g153.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.4 mg
Sodium 86.1 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.5%
Sugars 26.4 g
Protein 22 g44.1%
Vitamin A 33% Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 42.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
2) Lightly grease a baking tray and set aside.
3) Pour of the water from potatoes, reserving 1 cup.
4) In a bowl, mash potato with sugar, butter, eggs and flour.
5) In a bowl, soak yeast in reserved cup of warm potato water and stir.
6) Allow the yeast mixture to rest until dissolved and frothy.
7) Make a well in the center of the potato mixture and pour in yeast and water, mix well.
8) Lightly dust the working board with flour.
9) Place the potato mixture onto a floured board and knead for 10 minutes, adding extra flour if needed to make a stiff dough.
10) Put the dough back in bowl, cover with a damp cloth and allow to stand in a draft-free, warm place until dough doubles in size.
11) Transfer the dough again onto a floured board.
12) Knock the dough with knuckles and knead for 10 minutes more.
13) Cut into dough into 16 pieces and shape each into ball.
14) Arrange balls on the baking tray and allow to stand in a warm place, covered, until balls double in size.
15) Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
16) Remove from oven and allow to cool.
17) Serve the potato rolls warm with desired main course.