- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Primavera Salad Recipe
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Flat leaf parsley sprigs||4|
|Salmon fillet||8 Ounce|
|Idaho potatoes||2 , peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Plum tomatoes||3 , seeded and cut into 1/4 -inch dice|
|Cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled, seeded, and diced for 1/4 inch|
|Hard cooked eggs||3 , coarsely chopped|
|Capers||2 Teaspoon, drained (Tiny)|
|Fresh chives||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Orange rosemary mayonnaise||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh salmon caviar||6 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 500 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.5%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 191.4 mg63.8%
Sodium 400.5 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.9%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 17 g34.6%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 46.1%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large wide pot, put together water, parsley, bay leaf, and peppercorns and bring it to a boil.
2. Bring down the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add salmon fillet.
4. Cover the pot partially and cook for about 5 minutes until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
5. Remove the fish from the cooking liquid and set aside.
6. In another pot, prepare salted water and place the potatoes.
7. Bring it to boil.
8. Then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 5 to 8 minutes until potatoes are just tender.
9. Drain, remove to a large bowl, and cool to room temperature.
10. To the potatoes, add tomatoes, cucumber, hard-cooked eggs, capers, and chives.
11. Pat dry salmon and carefully break the salmon into large flakes, discarding any skin and bones.
12. Add salmon to the salad.
13. Season with salt and pepper.
14. Add orange-rosemary mayonnaise
15. Gently fold all the ingredients together with a large rubber spatula.
16. Serve salad equally in 6 salad plates.
17. Scoop 1 teaspoon salmon caviar on each plate.