- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Maakouda - Moroccan Potato Patties Recipe Video
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and diced|
|Chopped cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg
Sodium 553 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 48.8%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot with boiling water, cook the potatoes until they are soft.
2. Drain the potatoes well, and mash them with a fork or with a manual potato masher.
3. Add parsley, cilantro, egg, garlic and spices, and stir well to mix.
4. In a pan preheat the oil.
5. Make about 1 to 1 ½ inch balls from the potato mixture and press lightly to form patties.
6. Dip each patty in beaten egg, coat in flour and fry in hot oil until golden brown in color.
7. Remove and drain on paper towel to remove excess oil.
8. Serve hot immediately as an appetizer or as a sandwich between sliced bread with some lettuce, tomatoes and hot sauce.