- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Parsley Soup Recipe
|Peeled cubed potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned chicken broth||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Parsley||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), chopped (1 Small Bunch)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.1%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.3 mg
Sodium 218.5 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 34% Vitamin C 101.9%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 2-quart casserole, mix the potatoes, onion, salt and broth together.
2) Stir in the parsely, cover and cook in the microwave for 15-17 minutes or until the potatoes are softened.
3) Blend the cornstarch with a little milk, stir into the potato mixture, then add rest of the milk.
4) Cook in the microwave for 5 minutes, stirring 1-2 times or until thoroughly heated and boiling.
5) Serve immediately in individual serving bowls