- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Paprika Recipe
|Potatoes||2 Pound, boiling|
|Onions||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Sweet hungarian paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Beef stock / water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh / Canned)|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Medium, peeled, seeded and chopped to make about 1/4 cup|
|Green pepper||1 Large, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Hungarian sausage||1 Pound|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 321 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.4 mg
Sodium 718.6 mg29.9%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.4%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 13 g25.7%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 72.9%
Calcium 4% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the potatoes for 8 to 10 minutes in boiling water.
2) Skin the potatoes and slice them into 1/4-inch pieces.
3) Take a 4-quart saucepan or casserole and heat lard in it until a light haze forms over it.
4) Add in onions and garlic and sautÃ© them for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly colored.
5) Take them off from heat and then mix in paprika, tossing until the onions are coated well.
6) Place the mixture back to the heat and then pour in stock or water.
7) Allow the mixture to come to a boil and then stir in caraway seeds, potatoes, tomato, green pepper, salt and a few grindings of pepper.
8) Allow this to come to a boil, mix well and then simmer, covered for 25 to 30 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
9) Cut the sausage to about 1/8 inch thick slices and then add it when you add the potatoes.
10) Serve the paprika in a casserole and top each portion with a dollop of sour cream.