- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Pancakes Recipe
|Potatoes||4 Large, grated|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Onion||1 , grated|
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.1%
Saturated Fat 2 g10%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.9 mg
Sodium 153.5 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 10 g19.9%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 102.4%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grate the potatoes using a vegetable grated into a bowl of cold water.
2. Drain the soaked potatoes and squeeze out as much as water possible.
3. Into a large batter bowl, sift the flour, salt and pepper
4. Add the potatoes and onions to it.
5. Add the eggs and whisk into a thick batter.
6. Heat a large griddle or pan and grease it well with fat or shortening.
7. Use a large tablespoon to drop the batter into the pan.
8. Fry for 4-5 minutes on each side until evenly browned.
9. Use a pancake turner to remove onto a platter lined with paper toweling to drain.
10. Place the pancakes in a warm oven till you fry remaining pancakes.
11. Serve the pancakes with hot apple sauce or maple syrup. You can also serve them with pot roasts.