- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Pancakes Recipe Video
|Potatoes/Ready to use idaho spuds||1 Cup (16 tbs), boiled and mashed (instant mashable potatoes)|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Red bell pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Bread crumbs/Gluten free bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder/Shredded onion||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed (use as per taste)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 382 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.1 mg
Sodium 6169.2 mg257%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 16 g32%
Vitamin A 155.3% Vitamin C 143.7%
Calcium 34% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Boil, peel and mash potatoes or prepare mashed potatoes from a ready to use mix.
2. In a bowl mix the boiled potatoes, carrot, coriander leaves, red bell pepper, shredded cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper and salt to taste.
3. Grease your palms with little oil and make little bit bigger than golf sized balls.
4. Heat a griddle to 350 degrees F and spray over olive oil cooking spray.
5. Place a ball at a time, pat gently to flatten it, and seal the edges.
6. Bake till they turn golden brown in color.
7. Carefully flip on the other side with a spatula and cook till golden brown.
8. Line a serving plate with lettuce leaves and tomato slices on the side and arrange the pancakes.