- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato, Mushroom and Sage Pie Recipe
|Shortcrust pastry dough filling||2 Cup (32 tbs) (2 Quantities, Rich)|
|Dried porcini||1⁄4 Ounce (5 Gram)|
|Boiling water||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chopped fresh sage||1 Tablespoon|
|Mixed mushrooms||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Maincrop potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, thinly sliced (750 Gram)|
|Single cream||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Egg glaze||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 Quantity)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2652 Calories from Fat 888
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g154.2%
Saturated Fat 24.5 g122.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1075.9 mg
Sodium 942.2 mg39.3%
Total Carbohydrates 391 g130.5%
Dietary Fiber 28.9 g115.8%
Sugars 146.2 g
Protein 62 g125%
Vitamin A 127.2% Vitamin C 270.7%
Calcium 59.4% Iron 95.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat half the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onions, garlic and sage for 10 minutes until soft but not golden. Add the remaining oil to the pan, add the mixed mushrooms and porcini and fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes until soft and golden. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
3. Divide the pastry into one-third and two-third pieces. Roll out the larger piece on a lightly floured surface and use it to line a 23 cm (9 inch) spring-form cake tin, allowing the pastry to overhang the sides. Roll out the remaining pastry to form a 25 cm (10 inch) round and use a small pastry cutter to stamp out a 2.5 cm (1 inch) circle from the centre.
4. Arrange half the potatoes in overlapping slices in the base of the pie. Top with the mushroom mixture and cover with a final layer of potato.
5. Brush the rim of the pastry with a little water and top with the pastry lid, pressing the edges together well to seal. Trim off excess pastry.
6. Combine the cream and reserved porcini liquid and pour it into the pie through the hole in the centre. Brush the lid with egg glaze. Bake the pie in a preheated oven, 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6, standing it on a pre-warmed baking sheet, for 1 hour until the pastry is golden. Cool for 2 hours and serve warm, cut into wedges.