- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Potato Latkes Recipe Video
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Finely chopped onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (1-11/2 cups, or matzo meal)|
|Canola oil/Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For dipping sauce|
|Greek yogurt||5 Ounce|
Calories 1060 Calories from Fat 529
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g91.7%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg
Sodium 406.5 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40.1%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.6%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 22 g43.3%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 81.7%
Calcium 12% Iron 25%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel and wash apples and potatoes. Shred them and set aside.
2. Wash zucchini, cut off the ends and shred them.
3. In strainer, put shredded apple, potato, and zucchini. With a spoon press vegetables to eliminate as much fluid as possible.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded vegetables, cinnamon, onion, salt, pepper, and flour. Mix well.
5. In a medium sized frying pan heat oil, and fry latkes in it until golden.
6. For dip, in a small bowl, mix together yogurt and honey.
7. Serve potato latkes hot with Greek yogurt and honey dip.
You can also use gluten free flour.
Also serve latkes with apple sauce or sour cream.